100g of flour per person, plus extra for dusting
1 large egg, per person
- Mound the flour in the centre of your kitchen bench or marble slab.
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs. Using a fork, beat the eggs together and then slowly start to incorporate the flour, starting with the inner rim of the well.
- As you mix, the well will expand. Keep pushing the flour up to retain the well shape.
- When half of the flour is incorporated, the dough will begin to come together. At this stage, use your dough scraper to fold the dough in on itself a few times and then start to knead by hand.
- Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes until it forms a rough ball and set it aside.
- Scrape up and discard any dried bits of dough from the kitchen surface. Also clean your hands of any dried dough. Lightly flour your kitchen surface and continue kneading for a further 6-8 minutes or until the dough is elastic and forms a clean ball. The dough will still be a little bit sticky.
- Lighly flour your kitchen surface and continue kneading for a further 6-8 minutes or until the dough is elastic and forms a clean ball. The dough will still be a little sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or leave under a cake dome to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling.